Bede Centre is a place where people with learning disabilities can learn new skills, make friends, and help other people. Below are some of the things you can do at Bede Centre to make up your own personal timetable. Our services can be purchased with a personal budget or arranged through your social worker.
We can provide you with individual support if you need it to take part in Bede activities. You can also follow your own interests, participate in the community, and develop your skills and activities.
Education, training and preparing for employment
Bede Plus is a specialist training programme for people with learning disabilities:
- We run a 12 week day time course that helps you build your personal skills by providing travel training, time management, CV preparation, and interview training.
- We help you meet new people and find work that is best suited to you.
- We can organise work experience placements in Southwark and other boroughs.
- We have helped participants find paid jobs in: Childcare, Catering, Office Administration,Cleaning, Transport and Retail.
To catch up on our latest news, take a look at our Twitter page BedePlus (@BedePlus)
Volunteering is giving some of your time to help other people. For example:
• Helping older people in their homes and gardens*
• Working for a charity in their office or shop
• Helping at a city farm
When you volunteer with Bede you get support from one of our workers. It’s a fun way to make friends, learn new things and help other people.
*Special thanks to The Funding Network for supporting our ‘Inside Out’ project.
• Try new experiences
• Learn new skills for all areas of your life
• Make new friends
• Learn how to keep healthy and well
The following, a short film by one of our supporters, the Arch Climbing Wall, shows some of the activities available at Bede Centre. Our thanks to them for making this video:
The Bede Café is a working café, open to the public, training you in skills for work and home to help you:
• Work as part of a team and on your own
• Learn about food hygiene and preparing food safely
• Get ready for service and clean up afterwards
• Learn how to serve customers
Thanks to our supporters:
Learning Disabilities Project
London SE16 2BS
020 7237 8930
Carole Brady (Manager)